New IRS Due Date for
W-2 & 1099-MISC w/ Box 7
Track1099 will meet the new IRS deadline.
Fast E-corrections and E-delivery
Strategy to meet IRS e-file requirements
In years past, the due date to the IRS for 1099 and W-2 has been Mar. 31 with the due date to Recipients being Jan. 31.
Now, both are due on Jan. 31. This is fast!
See the IRS announcement.
- The strategy: E-file what you have by Jan. 31. Then, get those E-corrections done by Aug. 1.
- Original forms have to be e-filed by Jan. 31; however, you have until Aug. 1 to make e-corrections.
- Do your best to have good info by Jan 31, but you do have 6 months to fix any errors.
- File for a 30-day extension using form 8809 or fill in the online 8809 at the IRS FIRE site. Do this between Jan. 1 and Jan. 31.
- Track1099 will automatically prompt you to schedule W-2 and 1099-MISC with Box 7 by Jan. 31.
- All other forms and 1099-MISC without Box 7 will go out in March.
- If you e-deliver to your Recipients, they may automatically pick up their corrected forms online.
- If you postal mailed to your Recipients, you will have to make sure either you or Track1099 postal mails the correction.
- Use Track1099's online W-4 and W-9 service to make sure all of your Vendor information is up to date.
Track1099 is committed to making sure you easily meet these new IRS deadlines.